We are running an Instagram competition for participants to present (through a video) a place or community spot they are interested in.
The rules of the Instagram competition and how to enter are as follows:
· The competition is open to UK residents of any age. If you are under 18 years old, you represent and warrant to us by entering this competition that your parents/guardians have consented to your entry and to these Rules, which they have read. Proof of age and identity may be required.
· Post a video (mobile phone camera is fine) of a place or community spot you are interested in.
· This “place” can’t be a city (e.g. London); rather, it has to be either a town, district or a venue within a district (e.g. Shoreditch or Shoreditch Boxpark). See the bottom of the page for more examples of our definition of “place”.
· For a “community spot”, this can be any specific building or outdoor area designated for local people (e.g. a facility, shop or park).
· The video should be no more than 2 minutes long.
· Post a caption under your Instagram post detailing why you’ve selected your chosen place or community spot, using no more than 200 words, putting #urbanistplatform in the caption.
· Follow the Urbanist Platform Instagram account @Urbanistplatform
The winners of this competition will be picked based on the effort made to gather a range of opinions in the video. We will particularly score high marks for videos that contain interviews with local residents, community members or even shop owners.
The reasons articulated in the Instagram caption, for why the place or community project may be significant to the participant, will also be considered.
The competition will open from Monday 14th November 2022 and close 12th December 2022.
There will be 3 prizes given overall. This includes a 1st place prize, 2nd place prize and 3rd place prize:
· 1st place - £200 (vouchers)
· 2nd place - £100 (vouchers)
· 3rd place - £50 (vouchers)
Participants with the best entries will also be invited to become part of the Urbanist Platform team going forward.
*For this competition, we are defining “place” as a notable destination within a city. It can either be a town/district or within a district. This means it can probably be mentioned as a meeting point when arranging to catch up with someone, or it can be somewhere specifically recommended for socialising or any other activity.
Below is an example of the type of video that could be produced, although it wouldn’t need to be this camera quality and the video would need to be slightly shorter –
Ruskin Square (East Croydon)
Caption: “I find visiting East Croydon invigorating because of the hustle and bustle of the area, the different bars as well as the connectivity links. It’s easy for me to feel a buzz with loads of people in good spirits. I really like the potential of the Ruskin Square Development because of its open public realm, making it a good meeting point.
From speaking to different people in the area, it seems clear people want to see the area continue to evolve but do not want to lose the heritage that made this area what it is. Can Croydon develop while retaining its uniqueness?”
Range of opinions in the video and good caption with clear descriptiveness of personal feelings on the place.
Terms and Conditions
Copyright © 2019 Urbanist Platform